WORLD BANK AND MDP-ESA PEER-TO-PEER PILOT PROJECT ON GOOD GOVERNANCE, PARTICIPATORY BUDGETING AND PUBLIC ACCOUNTABILITY
Following the engagement of some of our key executives by the World Bank in Participatory Budgeting advocacy works in East, West and Southern Africa and promotion of public and social accountability, ICDI began long-term strategic programs in championing grassroots advocacies/consultations towards filling the gap of creating further educational and re-orientation literatures that can promote cooperation and learning on good governance by means of providing conceptual guidance, well-researched information that can facilitate peer-learning between and amongst institutions, practitioners, policy-makers, civil societies and researchers on the subject of Participatory Budgeting, and by stimulating platforms where practitioners can contribute their innovations, lessons to overcome common challenges more effectively. Programmes are organized within this remit and several books and journal publications, academic and position papers are being published in this respect, as the organization continue to make a case for effective public accountability, in raising the bar of good-governance and wide-spread development.
Our overall and long-term strategic focus in this thrust will be on:
- Presentations of effective partnerships and collaborations amongst government, professionals and agencies; university researchers, relevant businesses, and NGO’s as well as grassroots citizen groups, to advance the practice of public accountability and inclusive government.
- Presentations and discussions of new research on public accountability and participatory budgeting as interdisciplinary domains that lies at the intersections of inclusive government, information technology, social and behavioral science, and the challenges and missions of government.
- Practice regarding public accountability and participatory budgeting projects implementations, and initiatives that bring together the researchers, the government and the governed communities, demonstrating the effectiveness and/or challenges of inclusive government, and offering best practices.
- Promoting positive leadership initiatives and practices
- Improving the education environment in United Kingdom, Africa and its environs
- Providing effective learning, alternative platforms for policy administration in areas of youth development, volunteerism, good governance, human rights, skills and vocational development as well as public opinion.
- Promoting new public management strategies with emphasis on participatory planning (participatory budgeting) and governance, and carry the message to the grassroots.
- Promoting and advocating the mundane mode of development governance, education, and evaluation in public sphere.
To see or download some of our works on Good Governance and Participatory Budgeting CLICK HERE
ICDI INTERNSHIP & LEADERSHIP TRAINING PROGRAMME
ICDI is a leading provider of leadership capability trainings. Our Graduate Internship Programmes gives opportunities to students, junior researchers and young graduates with no or little work experience, but who has a drive to make a difference in their chosen field. ICDI Graduate Internship Programme runs for 10 weeks, and enrollment is on an Ongoing-basis.
Click below for information on how to Apply or download Application Pack
ICDI Internships & Leadership Training Programme – Information Pack
ICDI E-LEARNING & SHORT COURSES
One of our key developments and engagement tools is ICDI E-LEARNING & SHORT COURSES. This (4-weeks) learning initiative is aimed at building capacities and fostering greater efficiency and cooperation between and amongst ICDI researchers, members, volunteers and associates across national and regional boundaries and to enhance their ability to pursue mutual interests. By the end of the year 2015, it is expected that more than 5000 new individuals and organizations would have further enrolled and complete the online capacity-building training programme in addition to the over 2000 that have already completed the training across the globe.
Interested to find out more about the different modules available for you? EMAIL AT: email@example.com
READ OUR NEWSLETTER here
SUBSCRIBE TO ICDI NEWSLETTER & MAILING LIST here